Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Leven overboard!

My Wife and I thought we'd like to take a slow easy canoe trip down the Root River in Minnesota, and we thought we'd try taking one of our dogs along, Leven.  Nancy, my wife, wanted the dog to have a life jacket, and I wondered why we needed a life jacket for a dog that could swim, but we bought the life jacket, (wife wins again!).  Well, we where drifting by some cows, in a deeper part of the river, and Leven thought he'd get a closer look at some cows as we drifted by, so he jumped out of the boat!  Thanks to the handle on the back of that life jacket, I was able to pluck him for the water quickly and easily.  Had it not been for that handle, I think we may have tipped the canoe if I had to go in after him, or try to get him out of the water pulling him by the collar or back of neck.

Thanks for the great design of these life jackets!


Kelvin, Nancy, & Leven

No comments:

Post a Comment